Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Celebrating Mother's Day

Good Morning, Kara here.

Dawn has handed me the reins this week to share my projects using the April 2014 Release products. I have tons to share, so let's get started!

Today I want to celebrate the mothers and mother figures in our lives.

My mom loves bright color so I chose to use a Cupid's Bow Cardstock base. I stamped a sentiment onto White Cardstock from Strictly Sentiments 4.  This set has big, bold sentiments perfect the focal point of your card front as well as wonderful sentiments for the inside. I think it's beautiful that Dawn included the sentiment, "You've always been like a mother to me" in this set, honoring all kinds of families.

The simple embellishments on this card were created using the Spring Blooms stamp set and Dies.

I couldn't resist adding a bird from the Birds & Branches Frame die.  I colored him using Wild Mango Dye Ink and a sponge dauber.  The coverage from the WPlus9 Dye Inks is so smooth it looks like colored cardstock!

For my next card, I have used another sentiment from Strictly Sentiments 4.

It is heat embossed in white and acts as a resist for the watercolor. To create the background, I used watercolor paper spritzed with water, and added spray mists directly from the bottle, one color at a time.  I let each color run and dry before adding the next layer of color.

I loved the drips and shapes made by the color, so I left it super simple!

My final card for today is perfect to say 'Thank You' for all your mom has done for you over the years.  If she's anything like my mom, there's a lot to say thank you for! 

Strictly Sentiments 4 has got you covered.

This card starts with my favorite color cardstock, Lake House, as it's card base.

The cluster of flowers is created using the Spring Blooms and Dies with the leaves stamped in Appletini Dye Ink.   I added another bird and a few flowers from the Birds & Branches Frame die.

They are colored in the same way as before with Lake House Dye Ink on the bird and Wild Mango Dye Ink on the flowers and the "MOM" sentiment. 

The addition of a custom sentiment using Folk Art Alphabet dies, Ink Splats, and a few sequins finish off the card!

Thank you so much for joining me today. I'll be back tomorrow with a few more projects showcasing the April  2014 Release products.

I hope to see you there!

18 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning selection of cards, love them all!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Kara's beautiful bouquets with the little bird tucked into each are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, Kara! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara these are gorgeous! I love the background and beautiful bouquets ! Your mother will love her bright card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOnderful spring cards Kara! Love the blooms and the cute little bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful! I love the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smile every time I see you and WPlus9 together Kara. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous. I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kara these are wow cards I can't even pick a favorite because I love them all great job taking the reins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kara you are an amazing addition to WPlus9! Stunning cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, Kara! Love the flower designs with the addition of the little birds. And your watercolor backgrounds are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing cards! I am impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these, they're all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All wonderful cards for Mom, you used great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards Kara - especially love the layers on the watercolored card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!
    They are all stunning...
    I couldn't pick a fave if I had to!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest